Like our B20 Bronze cymbals, SBR cymbals receive hand-guided hammering, using a peen that has been hand-shaped in the Vault specifically for Brass. Once complete, they end up in the Vault for testing before receiving a stamp of approval.
- Hand-guided machine hammering is used to add musicality, complexity, and bright tone
- Lathe craftsmen operate specially retrofitted lathes, thinning cymbal to desired gauge while adding crucial tonal grooves
- Cymbal must be trimmed to exact size and the edges buffed for smoothness
- Each individual cymbal is hand-tested and hand-weighed in the Vault by Vault sound specialists, a critical process
- Each individual cymbal is placed on a shelf to age, allowing the frantically active molecules to slow down and stabilize
- Each individual cymbal is once again hand-tested by two Vault specialists to ensure they fit the parameters of the series and model