REFINED ERIC JOHNSON STRAT® DESIGN
There is no greater example of Eric Johnson's devotion to his art than his signature Stratocaster Rosewood model. With singular attention to detail, every facet of the guitar is designed to Johnson's own detailed specs, from the specially voiced pickups to the extra-contoured neck and body to the distinctive tremolo assembly and much more. Any guitarist who marvels at Johnson's breathtaking sonic artistry and peerlessly pure tone will also marvel at this especially refined model.
Nitrocellulose lacquer is one of the great original-era Fender electric guitar finishes, and is still used today on select instruments. Thin, porous and delicate, it’s a premium finish prized for sonic qualities that let body woods breathe with their true tonal character, and for an appearance that ages and wears in a distinctive way appealing to many players.The neck of Johnson’s finely crafted signature Strat is fashioned from extra-strong quartersawn maple, with a sharper 1950s-style "V" profile (the shape of the neck in cross section) ideal for players with larger hands whose thumb extends over the edge of the fingerboard.Eric Johnson is known for being meticulous about tone, and the sound of his signature Stratocaster comes from three specially voiced Eric Johnson single-coil pickups with countersunk mounting screws.This instrument features an elegantly bound rosewood fingerboard with a 12" radius (the amount of curvature across the width of the fingerboard). This is notably flatter than both a vintage-style 7.25" radius and a modern 9.5" radius, and is great for bending notes without fretting outThese tuners have a cool vintage-style look and are height-staggered in pairs, with posts that get progressively shorter from the low strings to the high strings. This creates optimal string break angles from the nut to the tuners, with no consequent need for string trees.According to Johnson’s own specs, his signature Stratocaster has no tremolo cavity cover on the back and no screw holes for one.
- Light two-piece alder body with deep 1957-style body contours and cavities
- One-piece vintage-tint quartersawn maple neck (contours sanded very smooth) with ’57-style “soft V” contour and specially engraved neck plate
- Round-laminated bound rosewood fingerboard with 12” radius and 21 medium jumbo frets
- Special Eric Johnson single-coil pickups with countersunk screws and five-way switching
- Vintage-style tremolo with silver-painted block,’57-style string recess, no paint between base plate and block, and five springs (no tremolo cover)
- Master volume, neck tone and bridge tone controls
This instrument is in EXCELLENT CONDITION with no cosmetic or playing issues. Comes with original blonde Fender case and original accessories and paperwork.